- The flight departed Kuala Lumpur and was scheduled to land in Beijing. The Boeing 777 aircraft was carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members.
- Same-sex marriage and the National Security Agency's data gathering are two issues that show the wide divide between conservatives and libertarians.
- The judge said the FAA couldn't use a rule designed for aircrafts to regulate model aircrafts. The FAA said it would appeal the ruling.
- A Russian military truck reportedly smashed through the gate of the base in Sevastopol, the port city that houses Russia's Black Sea fleet.
- The most important tool that law enforcement officers have at their disposal is common sense. This is especially true with that segment of the force that spends the most time interacting with the public: traffic cops and highway patrol officers who enforce the vehicle code.
- Bill de Blasio is 6-foot-6. Joshua Jenkins is 4-foot-2.
- The average American consumes three pounds of sugar a week in sodas, breads, yogurt, soup and just about anything else. The new guidelines say a normal-sized person should have less than a half-pound a week.
- A new coffee shop in California stirs up controversy with those who live near it. KMPH has more.
For this year’s International Women’s Day, Reuters photographers around the globe took a series of portraits of women and their daughters.
Malaysian Airlines says they lost contact with a passenger jet that was carrying 239 people from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing two hours into the flight.
- Most of the passengers on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing are Chinese citizens, the airline said Saturday.
Malaysian Airline authorities report that four Americans including one infant were aboard the flight that has gone missing.