- New information was released Friday about the shooting death of an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Mo., but the answers have prompted still more questions.
- Major League Baseball owners have selected Rob Manfred to succeed Bud Selig as the league's commissioner. Manfred is the sport's 10th commissioner, selected after six rounds of voting by the 30 MLB owners. Sportswriter Stefan Fatsis joins Robert Siegel to speak about the news.
- Heavy fighting continues in eastern Ukraine, as government and separatist forces still fight for control of the cities of Luhansk and Donetsk.
- Thousands of people are converging on Pakistan's capital, Islamabad, for a protest rally against the government. The protesters began their 300-mile march in Lahore, led by Imran Khan, who believes he was robbed of last year's election by voting fraud. Meanwhile, a populist cleric is leading a separate march on the capital.
- British singer Cliff Richard has denied an underage sex allegation dating from the 1980s as "completely false."
- The mother of a Valdosta, Georgia, teen accused of lying to police about an alleged confession in connection with Kendrick Johnson's death says her son has mental problems and is being used by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office as a "fall guy."
- Robin Williams was sober, but was struggling with depression, anxiety and the early stages of Parkinson's disease when he died, his wife said.
- CNN's Poppy Harlow looks at Robin Williams' relationship with the children he left behind and the pain they are facing.
- Voice of America journalist and Yazidi activist Dakhil Shammo on the situation in Iraq between Yazidi faithful and ISIS militants.
- Friday marks the 100th anniversary of the opening of the Panama Canal, the 48-mile waterway connecting the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
- Warren Weinstein has been held captive since 2011, when he was taken four days before his seven-year stint with USAID was due to end.
- "The given information was trustworthy and confirmed because the majority of that machines had been eliminated by the Ukrainian artillery at night."