- Decades of effort to raise awareness of breast cancer hasn't helped to reduce the death toll once it spreads. One woman living with metastatic breast cancer says it's way past time for a change.
- Women in the developing world may never be tested for cervical cancer. Clinics are far away, cultural biases may keep them away. Now an inexpensive test lets them do it themselves.
- The request by state officials would have compelled Kaci Hickox, who shows no symptoms of Ebola, to isolate herself.
- The French town of Vendargues has banned people from dressing up as clowns for a month starting today. The move follows violent incidents across the country involving teens dressed as clowns.
- Mark your calendars: The midterm elections aren't yet been decided, but there's already a date scheduled for a 2016 presidential debate.
- An 8-year-old North Carolina girl is sick of the heated Senate race where more than $100 million has been spent on mostly negative TV ads.
- A plane appears to have crashed at a building at Wichita's Mid-Continent Airport in southern Kansas on Thursday morning, CNN affiliate KSNW reported.
- Under fire, the police chief in Ferguson, Missouri, told CNN on Thursday that he has no intention of stepping down.
- Public offering gets suspended after company admitted in prospectus it was in no danger of being punished for exceed international tuna quotas.
- A Danish court on Friday sentenced the Swedish founder of file-sharing site The Pirate Bay to 3½ years in prison.
- Burkina Faso President Blaise Compaore announced his resignation and called for a 90-day transition to "free and transparent" elections.
- A former member of SEAL Team Six who wrote a best-seller about the raid that killed Osama bin Laden is under criminal investigation.