- Congress is out of session until the first week of December, so many members are weighing in on the president's speech on Twitter and other platforms — with mixed reactions.
- Obama defied congressional Republicans by announcing a plan that shields up to 5 million immigrants from deportation.
- A study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention finds that 1 in 3 adults drinks excessively. That means eight or more drinks per week for women, and 15 or more drinks a week for men.
- After a successful 2014 election season, the nation's GOP governors gathered to talk about policy issues and bask in their victories. But President Obama's immigration plans dominated the discussion.
- Mike Nichols, the "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" and "The Graduate" director who was one of the few people to win an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar and a Tony award, died Wednesday evening, according to a note from ABC News' president to their staff.
- French authorities backed off a claim that a 22-year-old man was connected to beheadings in a recent ISIS video, a day after publicly identifying him.
- A Dutch mother single-handedly brings her daughter back from ISIS territory. CNN's Isa Soares has her amazing story.
- Airbag maker Takata apologized at a federal hearing for deaths caused by its devices. CNN's Rene Marsh reports.
- The leader of a vigilante fighter group said members of the Boko Haram militant group killed nearly 45 people in an attack in Borneo state.
- The transfers bring the number of detainees at the U.S. prison camps in Cuba down to 143 from a onetime high of almost 800.
- A whale of an effort in Nicaragua, blizzard buries Buffalo, Jerusalem mourns slain rabbis, smoke rings in Syria and more.
- Vote for the best image from the Week in Pictures.