- The officer, a woman, is expected to recover. A hunt for the suspect is underway.
- Sure, she felt sick, but it was probably just stress. She had to make it to the crucial meeting at her son's school and solve the day care problem. But all along her heart was whispering, "enough."
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke at the U.N. one day after Pakistan's prime minister, Nawaz Sharif. Modi said it's up to Pakistan to create an "appropriate atmosphere" for peace talks.
- Former congressman Jim Traficant, who died Saturday at age 73, served prison time for bribery and racketeering. But he always remained popular in Youngstown — a city that felt abandoned by others.
- Two people died in an accident late Friday involving a school bus and two semi trucks on an Oklahoma interstate highway, a highway patrol spokesman said.
- A Montana teacher who had been given 31 days for raping a student was resentenced Friday. His 14-year-old victim committed suicide before the case went to trial.
- Kim Kardashian was ambushed in a mob of paparazzi by a well-known prankster during an event at Paris Fashion Week.
- Anthony Bourdain discovers the new Shanghai. Tune in to Parts Unknown Sunday 9pm EST.
- U.S.-led coalition warplanes struck Islamic State fighters in Syria attacking a town near the Turkish border for the first time Saturday.
- A Japanese military helicopter rescued three people Sunday morning from a spectacular volcanic eruption
- Two British fighter jets flew over Iraq on Saturday in their first mission since Parliament voted to join the U.S.-led coalition against ISIS.
- Organizers started a long threatened mass civil disobedience pro-democracy protest early Sunday.